Skip to main content

Coping with a toddler during lockdown

So I keep seeing all these memes about checking in on parents with kids? In all honesty.. I feel sorry for people without kids! Like, how do you wake yourself up in the morning without an human alarm clock at 5am?? Who makes sure you're home within the one hour daily walk by throwing themselves on the floor? And who stops you from becoming a slob by waking you up from that well need nap??
All jokes aside I am loving every minute of lockdown with Isaac and genuinely don't know what I would be doing with my time if he wasn't here. I have someone to bake with, a reason to paint pictures and and an excuse to fill the paddling pool up!☀ 
Having Isaac has helped massively with routine because if we didn't keep him in a routine we would be screwed! From waking up in the morning to bed time at night we try and stick to similar plans.

When I say routine, Isaac keeps to his side of the deal by waking up at 5:30am!! And we keep to ours by getting him into bed at 7pm! Everything in between is kind of as and when, sometimes Isaac will eat his dinner sometimes he will wear it 🤷🏻‍♀️

One thing i am praying for is that he keeps his afternoon naps because that gives us time to catch up on a series we've been hooked on (Ozark is amazing and you must watch it).

Isaac has learnt so much too - because I have had so much time to sit down with him and play! Even if it's just telling him thr colours of his bricks or counting as we walk down the stairs - he's really picked up on so much and literally copies everything his daddy does 🙄 EVERYTHING
Don't get me wrong, parents with children at school age have not got it easy and I'm glad I just have a terrible toddler. I don't think I'm cut out for being Miss Jackson and teaching algebra (why do we need that again?)

Things to make lockdown with a toddler easier:
1. Have plenty of gin in the cupboard (any alcohol works) 
2. Have plenty of chocolate to bribe child with 
3. Paint sticks on A3 paper (less mess) 
4. Even when you cba, go for walk - it'll make you feel better and tire them out! 
5. Easy baking kits (cake angels) 
6. Paddling pool - no matter how big or small! 
7. Chocolate stash for yourself 🤫 
8. Plant seeds and watch them never grow
9. Read the same book, again, and again. 
10. Sing songs.. Trust me 🎶 

I think it's easier to accept what's happening to make memories, capture smiles and do things we would never normally have time for. 

Stay safe. X





Comments

  1. Love this .. so relatable ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 10 things needed and gin is definitely important! ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment